follow Rose Facts: Roses enjoy the honor of being the most popular flowers in the world. Roses are popular as flowers because of their wide variety in terms of color, size, fragrance and other attributes.
Rose Meaning and Rose Symbolism
go to site The rose is a symbol of love, beauty, and even war. Roses common a variety of colors. Roses even carry symbolic meanings. The red rose is most popularly known as the flower of love. Roses are the most popular choice of flowers for gifting around the world. Roses are also a great addition to home and office decor. A bunch of roses or even a single rose works wonders aesthetically and considerably enlivens a place. Fresh cut roses in different colors are also widely used as decoration.
here Plante[/ezcol_1third] [ezcol_1third]
http://galvaglobal.com/e2c749/otiarw.php?fw=bercak-putih-pada-kulit-wajah Magnoliophyta[/ezcol_1third] [ezcol_1third_end]
click here [ezcol_1third]
Rosacea / Rosoideae[/ezcol_1third] [ezcol_1third_end]
- The birthplace of the cultivated Rose was probably Northern Persia, on the Caspian, or Faristan on the Gulf of Persia.
- Roses were considered the most sacred flowers in ancient Egypt and were used as offerings for the Goddess Isis. Roses have also been found in Egyptian tombs, where they were formed into funeral wreaths.
- Confucius, 551 BC to 479 BC, reported that the Imperial Chinese library had many books on Roses.
- The English were already cultivating and hybridizing Roses in the 15th Century when the English War of Roses took place. The winner of the war, Tudor King Henry VII, created the Rose of England (Tudor Rose) by crossbreeding other Roses.
- Roses are universal and grown across the world.
- The Netherlands is the world’s leading exporter of Roses, followed by Colombia and Ecuador.
Broadly, Roses are divided into three classes-
Species Roses are often called Wild Species Roses. Species Roses often have relatively simple, 5-petaled flowers followed by very colorful hips that last well into the winter, providing food for birds and winter color.
The most popular Rose species for sale today is Rosa rugosa owing to its superior hardiness, disease resistance, and extremely easy maintenance. Species roses are widely hybridized. Wild Species Roses include many different varieties. Wild Species Roses usually bloom once in the summer.
Old Garden Roses
Old Garden Roses have a delicate beauty and wonderful perfume, not often found in modern hybrid tea roses. Old Garden Roses are a diverse group from the those with a wonderful fragrance and great winter hardiness to the tender and lovely tea roses, which are best suited for warm climates.
Old Garden Roses comprise a multifaceted group that in general are easy to grow, disease-resistant and winter-hardy. Old Garden Roses grow in several shrub and vine sizes. Although colors do vary, this class of Roses are usually white or pastel in color. These “antique Roses” are generally preferred for lawns and home gardens. Several groupings of Roses classified as Old Garden Roses are China Roses, Tea Roses, Moss Roses, Damask Roses, Bourbon Roses, etc.
Any Rose identified after 1867, is considered a Modern Rose.
Old Garden Roses are the predecessors of Modern Roses. This group of Roses are very popular. The Modern Rose is the result of crossbreeding the hybrid tea with the polyanthus (a variety of primrose).
The colors of Modern Roses are varied, rich and vibrant. The most popular roses found in the class of Modern Roses are the Hybrid Tea Roses, Floribunda Roses, and Grandiflora Roses. Although Modern Roses are adored by florists and gardeners, they do require proper care, and do not adapt well to colder environments.